Last updated on 31st March 2020
TaxShy processes personal data for a variety of purposes. We collect this personal data directly when you engage us for professional tax advice, for preparing your tax return, if you visit www.taxshy.com or if you submit your tax related queries via our website. This privacy notice is intended to cover all of the above-mentioned scenarios.
When you engage us to provide you with professional services, we collect and use personal data when we have a valid business reason to do so in connection with those services.
For the purposes of this privacy statement, ‘Personal Information’ is any data which relates to an individual who may be identified from that data, or from a combination of a set of data, and other information which is in possession of TaxShy.
In the context of providing professional services to clients, we also processes personal data of individuals who are not directly our clients (for example, employees or suppliers of our clients).
The majority of the personal data we collect and use to provide our services is supplied voluntarily by (or collected by us from third-party sources at the request of) our clients. Because of this, if you are a client of TaxShy, then it will generally be obvious to you what personal data we collect and use. Please see below (non-exhaustive) examples of personal data categories for processed by TaxShy for professional tax services:
- Personal details for the individual client and their family members, including names, addresses and demographic, contact information, dates of birth, and tax identifiers, including social security numbers and email addresses
- Personal details for the individual client’s delegates, including names, contact information and email addresses
- Tax return files: liability, dates produced and sent, and comments on tax returns
- Tax equalization data: liability, dates produced, settlement amounts and taxes paid
- Organizers used for collecting the individual taxpayer’s (and if required, their family members’) country-specific personal income tax information, education, employment, medical, legal history and other data that is required in rendering services
- Work papers used to edit client information received from organizers or other means; compensation data from employers; sourcing of income based on assignment and travel calendar data
- Current, past or future travel information for the individual, including locations visited and workday activities that occurred in each location
- Documents, such as tax returns, assignment letters, immigration documents, audit requests from taxing authorities, and official and personal documents (birth certificates, marriage licenses, education documentations and degrees, and passport copies)
- Financial reporting oversight role questionnaires, indicating employment status, employer and job description
- Company-specific information: corporate client personnel contacts and division names
- Assignments data: details regarding current working and living arrangements, including country and city of assignment, employer division funding salary and assignment costs
- Immigration data: work permit questionnaires, status of work permit, copy of application form, copy of work permit, copy of visa, copy of passport and other immigration documents
We use this information:
- To provide services to you
- To administer our relationship and maintain contractual relations
- For accounting and tax purposes
- For marketing and business development
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- To establish, exercise or defend legal rights
- For historical and statistical purposes
We do not disclose information to anyone except as permitted by law.
We intend to protect your personal information and to maintain its accuracy. TaxShy implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. For example, we encrypt certain sensitive personal information such as credit card information when we transmit such information over the Internet. We also require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
If you have a question related to this Privacy Statement, please contact us by using this form. Your message will be forwarded to TaxShy Data Protection Officer.
Changes to our Privacy Statements
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes in our practices and services. The revised Privacy Statement will be posted here with an updated revision date. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and share personal data, we will notify you by posting notice of the changes on the website for 30 days. We recommend that you check this page from time to time to inform yourself of any changes in this privacy notice.
By continuing to use our websites after such revision takes effect we consider that you have read and understand the changes.